The straps turned out to be the hardest part. After trying a few different styles (halter, shoulder ties) I decided to put buttons inside and attach the straps with buttonholes at different lengths. It sounded easy and we might get more use out of it that way. Unfortunately my sewing machine had an aversion to buttonholes this morning and it took longer to make 2 holes than it took to make the whole dress. Luckily I figured it out and all is now well in the sewing machine world.
I have a feeling the baby clothes itch still isn’t out of my system. Who knows, Tiny might end up with a whole new wardrobe by the time spring gets here. Maybe if the “Mother’s Day Fairy” brings me a new camera we will be able to get some better pictures. I have been wanting to take another trip to Longwood Gardens which would be the perfect place for a photo shoot!
#66 – Smocked Toddler Dress