Disclaimer: I am not, nor will I ever be a food photographer. Because of this, I totally give you advance permission to laugh at my unskilled attempts. I sure did! Do you have any idea how hard it is to hold a dslr steady & take a pic with your left hand while making chocolate faces with your right? ;D
Wouldn’t these kitten donuts be adorable additions to a tea party, or birthday? They’re so ridiculously easy, and you can make a whole tray of them in less than 10 minutes!
1. Pick up some plain donuts, whole almonds, and a can of cake frosting.
2. Stick the almonds into the donuts – Pointy side up for cats & round side up for bears!
3. Heat the icing in the microwave until it softens. You want it to be smooth, but not runny.
4. Dip the donuts, ears side down, into the frosting.
5. While the icing sets up, melt a few chocolate chips in a sandwich baggie in the microwave. Squish it up every 30 seconds or so to help it along.
6. Snip a tiny corner off the baggie and use it to pipe faces onto your critters.
7. EAT EM!